Here are 90 inspirational Coco Chanel quotes that will not only inspire women and fashionistas, but also anyone who wants to be their own boss in the future.
As a fashion designer who has ruled the industry for nearly six decades, there's no doubt that her impact on the fashion industry is second to none and second to none.
Not everything was a success for Coco Chanel though - her childhood was anything but glamorous as she lived her humble life in the impoverished French countryside.
That didn't stop her from being the woman and leader that she was.
Learn more about the woman who founded the Chanel empire through the following quotes.
And don't forget to check them out.fashion quoteseAudrey Hepburn quotes.
The best Coco Chanel quotes
10 hurt quotes and how to hurt yourself by saying...
10 hurt quotes and sayings
1. "It's probably no coincidence that I'm alone. It would be very difficult for a man to live with me unless he was terribly strong.”
2. "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one off."
3. "Don't waste time banging on the wall hoping to turn it into a door."
4. “You only live once; They might as well be fun.
5. "Success is mostly achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
6. “The bravest act is still to think for yourself. According."
7. "No one is young after forty, but you can be attractive at any age."
8. “Arrogance is in everything I do. It is in my gestures, in the hardness of my voice, in the light in my eyes, in my muscular and tormented face.”
9. "To be irreplaceable, you always have to be different."
10. "Jump out the window if you are the object of passion."
11. "I don't care what you think of me. I don't think about you at all."
12. "Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just left puberty, but of those who have already taken control of their future."
13. “I imposed the black; it's still going strong today because black erases everything around it.
14. "Tough times inspire an instinctive desire for authenticity."
15. "Dress like you're about to meet your worst enemy today."
16. "To achieve great things, we must first dream."
17. “When you're sad, put on more lipstick and lash out. Men hate women who cry.”
18. "You can't innovate forever. I want to create classics.”
19. "Only those without memory insist on their originality."
Coco Chanel quotes about personal growth and success
20. "If you were born without wings, do nothing to stop them from growing."
21. "A woman who doesn't use perfume has no future."
22. "The right ingredients can create a legend."
23. "A woman who cutsher hairis about to change your life.”
24. "No button without a buttonhole."
25. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; It's up to you to earn the face you have at fifty."
26. "A woman can be well dressed, but never overly elegant."
27. "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself."
28. "Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious cost, adornment and complexity."
29. "I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that flow with her body. A woman comes closest to nakedness when she is well dressed.”
30. “We need clothes that crawl and clothes that fly. Fashion is both a caterpillar and abutterfly, caterpillar by day, butterfly by night.”
31. "Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."
32. "Keep your heels, head and standards high."
33. "Have style. Anything but trash.
34. "There are people who have money and people who are rich."
35. "You can be beautiful at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life."
36. "If I find a color darker than black, I'll use it. But until then I'll use black.”
37. “Those who believe are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger.”
38. “The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.”
39. "Women hide their imperfections instead of accepting them as an added attraction."
Coco Chanel quotes about women, fashion and beauty
40. "A girl should be two things - who and what she wants."
41. “Fashion doesn't just exist in clothes. fashion is inParadise, on the street, fashion is about ideas about how we live, what's happening now."
42. "Men always remember a woman who caused them worry and discomfort."
43. “I was in business without being an entrepreneur. I loved without being a woman made only to love”.
44. “Dress badly and they will remember the dress; they dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”
45. "Fashion is for going out of style."
46. “For a woman, betrayal makes no sense. You can notto revealtheir passions.”
47. “Men always look for a little pillow from women to lay their heads on. You always yearn for itmurmurwho held them as children."
48. “I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without dressing up a bit, even if it's polite. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with fate. And for fate it is better to be as beautiful as possible.”
49. “Jewelry – what a science! Beauty - what a weapon! Modesty – what elegance!”
50. "Beauty comes when fashion succeeds."
51. "A woman with good shoes is never ugly."
52. "Fashion changes, but style remains."
53. "A girl should be two things - classy and fabulous."
54. "Jewelry is not intended to give women an aura of wealth, but to make them beautiful."
55. "Fashion has two purposes – comfort and love."
56. "Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress".
57. "Elegance comes from being as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside."
58. “A pretty dress might look nice on a hanger, but that doesn't mean a thing. It has to be seen in the shoulders, with the movement of the arms, legs and waist.”
59. "A fashion that doesn't reach the streets is not fashion."
Coco Chanel quotes about life and empathy
60. “No matter what age, an unloved woman is lost. She might as well die unloved.
61. “Some people think that luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
62. “Women think in all colors except the absence of color. I said black has it all. See also. Its beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.”
63. "A woman is the age she deserves."
64. "I don't know why women want some of the things men have when one of the things women have is men."
65. “There is nothing worse than loneliness. Loneliness can help a man to achieve self-realization, but it destroys a woman.”66. “There is a time for work and a time for love. There is no other time."
67. "I have done my best, in relation to people and life, without precepts but with a taste for justice."
68. "Don't be like the others, honey."
69. "There's nothing more comfortable than a caterpillar and nothing more made for love than a butterfly."
70. "Women have always been the strongest in the world."
71. "There are two lessons in a woman's education - never go out without socks, never go out without a hat."
72. "Even great loves must be endured."
73. "Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language."
74. "Elegance is negation."
75. "A woman's best accessory - a handsome man."
76. "Fashion is architecture - it's all about proportion."
77. "I only drink champagne twice - when I'm in love and when I'm not."
78. "The best color in the world is the one that suits you."
79. "Take care of your heart and soul first."
80. "I didn't like my life, so I created my life."
81. "The passion goes, the boredom stays."
82. "Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion to death."
83. "I invented my life assuming that what I don't like has the opposite of what I want."
84. "As long as you know that men are like children, you will know everything."
85. “Luxury should be comfortable. Otherwise it is not a luxury.”
86. "Kindness doesn't do the job unless you're a laying hen."
87. "Coquetry - it's a triumph of the mind over the senses."
88. "The more stupid and unhappy a man is, the more demanding he makes a woman."
89. "Luxury is not in the richness of things, but in the absence of vulgarity."
90. "Sin may be forgiven, but stupidity is forever."
Did these Coco Chanel quotes inspire you to build the life you want to live?
Coming from a very humble childhood,Coco Chanelhe did not let the environment and the class into which he was born dictate the rest of his life. She knew what she wanted and worked for it. She eventually rose to the top of the fashion empire, leaving behind a design legacy that is as relevant and beloved today as it was decades ago.
But more than just fashion and beauty, she shaped women's confidence and morals. She embodied a "female boss" and showed the world that if you put your mind to it, you can be anyone you want. For her, success andTrust inWalk hand in hand. Because when you have the will, motivation and confidence to be at the top, the rest will take care of itself.
What are your favorite Coco Chanel quotes? Were you motivated to become the boss of your own life? Let us know what you think of Coco Chanel and this collection in the comments below.